2 inmates killed in incident at Nebraska prison

2 Inmates Reportedly Killed In Nebraska Prison Disturbance

2 inmates killed in incident at Nebraska prison

A state prison in southeast Nebraska remained on lockdown Friday, a day after a prison disturbance led to the deaths of two inmates.

"Director Frakes will thoroughly investigate this incident, and inmates involved in the incident and the loss of life will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law", Ricketts said.

Several fights occurred between the inmates, and emergency response teams entered the area at 4:30 p.m.to secure it. Inmates set some fires in the housing unit. Galindo was serving 12 to 21 years on robbery and other charges.

Fitzgerald, 39, was serving 310 to 470 years for first-degree sexual assault, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony, burglary and third-degree assault on a peace officer.

He said that some of the same conditions that spawned the 2015 riot - overcrowding and lack of rehabilitation programs - still exist in the state prison system.

(Tecumseh) - All inmates involved in a disturbance at the Tecumseh State Correctional Institution have been secured.

The Corrections Department said the incident was confined to one-half of one housing unit and the mini-yard.

The Department of Correctional Services has released the name of the two inmates killed during the hours inmates were locked unattended in Housing Unit Two of the maximum security prison.

The governor also posted a statement on Facebook, praising the response of the prison officials and saying the incident was "swiftly resolved and public safety was never at risk".

No prison workers were injured. Fitzgerald and Galindo were found inside the housing unit.

The Nebraska State Patrol is leading the criminal investigation and the Nebraska State Fire Marshal is conducting the investigation into the fires. "The TSCI staff handled the situation extremely well, which limited the incident to a small number of participants and minimal damage", State Corrections Director Scott Frakes told reporters during a news conference at the prison last night.

"They think they have it under control, but we'll have to wait and see", said Marvin of the Nebraska Association of Public Employees.

BJP steps aside from Mumbai Mayor race
NSW mum in court after 'drowning attempt'