Washington asks judge to block new ban

President Trump's newly revised executive order faced its first setback on Friday

President Trump's newly revised executive order faced its first setback on Friday

But Judge James Robart - who suspended the first travel ban - refused to rule on the latest application.

The revised travel ban is scheduled to go into effect Thursday.

Like the original version, Trump's revised executive order still bars individuals from Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iran, Libya, and Yemen from coming to the United States, though now Iraqis and people with valid visas and green cards can enter. Those opposing that argument said the new travel ban had the same effect as the original.

"Insisting on the same principles will make the United States slip into chaos and compel the system to put Trump aside", he said.

The new order eliminates Iraq from the list of countries, reducing the restricted nations to six.

It now remains to be seen whether the second travel ban will run into legal obstacles similar to those faced by the first ban, which started with an executive order issued by Mr Trump in January.

Trump's January executive order on immigration, which temporarily halted citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US, was challenged by a group of states including Washington and Minnesota.

The courts need to hear 'that there's a state where ethnic diversity is the norm, where people are welcomed with aloha and respect, ' Chin said.

The new travel ban order comes just after the 75th anniversary of the February 19, 1942, executive order by President Franklin Roosevelt that sent Japanese Americans were sent to internment camps during World War II.

The Democratic attorneys general are doing to Trump what Republicans did to President Obama when he was in office by filing lawsuits blocking policies.

The temporary restraining order, granted by U.S. District Judge William Conley in Madison, applies only to the family of the Syrian refugee, who brought the case anonymously to protect the identities of his wife and daughter, still living in the war-torn Syrian city of Aleppo.

Then again, members of Trump's inner circle have claimed that the revised ban accomplishes roughly the same outcome as the first.

In a statement, Mr. Herring said the new order "still sends a disgusting message to the world, to Muslim-Americans and to minority communities across the country without any demonstrable benefit to national security".

Ferguson said earlier this week the revised travel ban has "the same illegal motivations as the original" according to the Associated Press.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said the administrations feels 'very confident with how that was crafted and the input that was given'.

The first ban sparked numerous lawsuits, including the Syrian refugee's initial federal complaint in Wisconsin.

Officials from two states that have filed legal challenges against President Donald Trump's travel bans plan to discuss their lawsuits later Thursday.

A U.S. Justice Department spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.

Hawaii says the order will harm its Muslim population, tourism and foreign students.

Twin blasts killed 40 people in Syrian capital Damascus
FA investigating alleged racist chanting at Tottenham-Millwall