Malayalam actress abduction: Police claims Dileep received assault clip


Malayalam actress abduction: Police claims Dileep received assault clip

The police, who had questioned Dileep's manager Appunny and also actor-turned-director Nadirshah, along with Dileep for 13 hours earlier in July, are waiting for Appunny to turn up.

The Angamaly Judicial First Class Magistrate Court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Actor Dileep, who was accused of assaulting a Malayalam actress, according to ANI. Earlier, the local court had remanded the actor to 14 days judicial custody.

The public prosecutor opposed the superstar's bail application, stating that he could use his clout to influence witnesses and weaken the ongoing investigation. But police took two-day custody which was again extended by two days on Friday. Dileep has been remanded till July 25. Yesterday, the court had extended his police custody till today.

The Police said that they need another day with Dileep as the phone containing visuals has not been yet traced. The actor was arrested in connection with the abduction and molestation of a popular actress.

Reports suggest that investigators had conducted a raid at Dileep's residence on Saturday to get the visuals of the abducted actress which were captured by main accused Pulsar Suni and his gang when she was assaulted in a moving auto near Athani in Angamaly on February 17. The investigation team submitted the case diary in a sealed cover.

It is being said that Pulsar Suni had tried to abduct another actress in a similar fashion in 2012, and it's a thing everyone knows in the film industry. If Dileep was released, chances of the police recovering the mobile phone would decline.