Woman recounts terrifying snake attack at restaurant


Woman recounts terrifying snake attack at restaurant

A Virginia woman is recovering after she was bit by a snake at a restaurant in Fredericksburg. Myrick was rushed to the hospital while the restaurant gave the rest of her group a free meal.

By the time she realized what happened, the snake had bitten her two more times.

Myrick told the Free Lance-Star that doctors had said that it will probably take her at least three months to recover. She noted that her foot can swell to double its normal size when she moves around because of the bite and anti-venom.

The recovery process will take three months and she said she's just trying to stay positive.

But then she couldn't walk. "There's very little that I can do".

"They say that your life can change in a moment... and they're absolutely correct", she said about the sudden snake bite.

Myrick says the pain was excruciating. She said she yelled, "I got bit!"

"There was no question what it was", said Clem. It was a copperhead snake.

Clem called the rescue squad as Myrick stood crying and screaming in disbelief. "Both of them instantaneously stepped on it, stepped on its head and killed it right in that foyer area", Myrick told Washington, D.C., radio station WTOP.

But for one Virginia woman, a night out at her local LongHorn Steakhouse turned into a nightmare nearly immediately, as she was bitten multiple times by a venomous snake before even getting to her table. If you are bitten, you should get medical attention immediately.

LongHorn Steakhouse spokesperson Hunter Robinson told CBS 6 by email that as soon as the restaurant was made aware of the situation they also contacted 911 and assisted Myrick.

Copperheads are said to strike without a warning if they feel threatened, unlike other venomous snakes.