World

Nadal reaches French Open quarters

Nadal reaches French Open quarters

Earlier, Rafael Nadal tied Roger Federer's record by reaching the French Open quarterfinals for the 11th time. "I don't think it was mission impossible, but it [was] very tough", Bautista Agut said of going up against Nadal. The rain delay from Saturday helped Japan's Kei Nishikori as he recovered from a wrist injury and back treatment to beat Hyeon Chung 7-5, 6-4, 6-7 (4), 0-6, 6-4 of South Korea when their third-round match resumed Sunday.



Zinedine Zidane Can 'Stay For Life' At Real Madrid -Florentino Perez

However, his double tonight in the Welsh capital ensured that the Portuguese has top-scored, either jointly or outright, a record six times - including for a record five consecutive campaigns - and he also leads Messi 105-94 in in UEFA Champions League goals.



Ariana Grande's Emotional Speech In Manchester

Grande said she had not planned to play so many of her big hits but changed her mind after meeting the mother of Olivia Campbell-Hardy, 15, who was among the victims of the blast that killed 22 people at at her concert last week. Miley Cyrus performs at the One Love concert in Manchester, England. She definitely didn't hold back, and the emotional speech was totally honest, vulnerable and passionate.


Arrested in London Terror Attack; Islamic State Claims Responsibility

Arrested in London Terror Attack; Islamic State Claims Responsibility

Witness Mark Roberts said he saw a van speed across London Bridge toward the underground station before it suddenly swerved, bounced off the pavement and hit several pedestrians. For the second time in two weeks, Britain's election campaign paused Sunday for grief and reflection in the aftermath of a deadly attack - and the issue of security vaulted back to the top of the political agenda.



Londoners hail police, first responders as heroes

A spokesman for Metropolitan Police said 12 people were arrested in Barking, East London , on Sunday, in connection with the attacks . Police said the three attackers were shot dead by armed officers within eight minutes of the first call to emergency services.



Police say Philippines casino attacker was indebted gambler

The suspect, Jessie Carlos, a 43-year-old father-of-three, had a gambling problem and was dismissed from the Department of Finance in 2014 for failing to accurately disclose his assets and liabilities, said Director Oscar Albayalde, chief of the Manila police force.